Thursday, April 10, 2014

Abs Are Made In The Kitchen? Can I have the recipe?

Ok.....I have a confession.....I've definitely put on the "boyfriend layer". You know, that weight you gain when you first start dating someone. You're going out to dinner and opening a bottle of wine with dinner, ordering dessert....next thing you know you've gained a few pounds. I know I'm not the only one. Most of us have been guilty of letting ourselves go when we're happy. Unfortunately these habits are way too easy to get used to and they are counter productive to my ultimate goal. So I've decided that I need to take control. For me I need something more concrete than "I'm going to stop eating crap" or "I'm just going to try to do better". That means nothing. So I've decided to commit myself to Weight Watchers to help me shed the boyfriend layer. I know a lot of people who have had great success with their program. What I like about it is that I can eat anything. Nothing is off limits, I just have to remember portion control. It's almost like a game to me. I keep experimenting with the best way to "spend" my points. Another awesome thing is every workout I do at Koko tells me the number of activity points I earn. My diet and exercise totally work together! I know, I'm a complete geek. So I'll be keeping you updated on my progress. Wish me luck!

Ok...so for the past week I've been hinting at a surprise. I am so excited to tell you guys that I've been chosen to be an ambassador for Athleta Esprit de She. Athleta is a company I've been familiar with for a long time. I have been buying their products for years, I actually ran my first half marathon in Athleta clothes. They have created a race series exclusively for women call the Esprit de She series. It features runs, dualathons and triathlons. I love the series because it removes some of the intimidation of 5k's or triathlons because it's for women only. Women of all fitness levels. I'm excited to be doing the Katy 5k on May 8th. It's a Thursday night "happy hour" 5k with a bubbly bar and market at the finish. If you're interested in joining me just let me know. I'll give you my ambassador code which has a few perks for you if you use it! Another perk is that means some awesome give aways for my readers so make you keep checking back! Hope to see you in Katy!


No comments:

Post a Comment