Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Setbacks!

Lots has happened the past few days....first off and most excitingly I am in Washington D.C.. I got here Monday morning for work and have been on the go since we arrived. However if we back up to this weekend on Saturday morning I hurt my neck. It was so bad I couldn't move without tears. I went to the emergency room because I was leaving town early Monday morning. After an injection of painkiller and prescriptions for a muscle relaxer and pain killer my plans of working out before leaving town were out the window. Setback #1.....I fly to Washington with a group of 91 seventh graders for a 5 day tour. Needless to say food has been terrible. We've been eating mostly at mall food courts....so my options are pizza, Panda Express, burgers, etc. Setback #2......the upside being that we are walking a ton! I mean look at these stats from my fitbit today:

That's a lot of steps! However I still can't help thinking about the setbacks. I keep trying to tell myself that no journey is perfect, life happens, there will always be setbacks. You only fail if you quit right? If you're still trying you haven't failed. I will say as much as I am enjoying my time I D.C. I am looking forward to getting home. I am ready to get back to planning my meals and working out. I also have some super exciting news to share with you next week! I'm going to just leave you with a few pictures from my trip!

The changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier

Our amazingly beautiful national capital 

Good ol' Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment