Thursday, April 3, 2014

WCW......sort of....

Yes, I know it's Thursday. I meant to post this yesterday but we had quite the long day here in DC. So you get my version of WCW a day late. I wanted to just take a second to give a shout out to a few girls in my life that have been a huge inspiration in my fitness journey. First up.....
Ashley Smart
I met Ashley late 2013 when I was looking for a new hair stylist. I asked around at my gym and was given Ashley's name. I knew from the second I met her that she was awesome. She's not afraid to lift heavy and is proud of her muscles. She's constantly posting inspiring thoughts and pictures, she's always encouraging everyone to be healthy and active. Not to mention just a few weekends ago she took second in the bikini division at the Phil Heath Classic. Awesome!

The second and probably biggest inspiration to me has been
Katie Russell

This girl here has to be one of the mentally toughest women that I know. When I was going through my divorce I joined Bayou City Crossfit's all female class. Katie was the coach. She was the perfect combination of tough and encouraging. Not to mention she's a complete badass athlete herself. She is a 2 time Crossfit Games competitor. While I was doing Crossfit she pushed me further than I thought I could go. Out of all of the positives aspects of Crossfit, I can without hesitation say that having Katie as a coach is the thing I miss the most.

Both of these women are amazing athletes but they have one thing in common that makes them even more inspirational. They aren't just athletes. They have lives, they have friends, they travel. They have found a way to balance that healthy lifestyle. They aren't letting life pass them by as the work towards their goals. That is awesome. That is how I want to live.

Here is one last thought for those of you still far from you goals like I am:


No comments:

Post a Comment