Friday, April 25, 2014

Protein Pancake Recipe

Hey guys! Hope everyone's enjoying the wonderful spring weather and getting outside to get those workouts in! I just wanted to share a quick recipe with you guys that I tried this morning. I've made several different kinds of protein pancakes in my day. Most of the time with not great results. This morning I decided to try the Tone It Up Perfect Fit Pancakes. I've been a member of Tone It Up since about February, those of you not familiar Tone It Up is a community of girls trying to eat clean and workout daily. It's led by two girls Karena and Katrina who are super fun and motivating. I had purchased some of their Perfect Fit protein because a lot of their recipes use it for baking, plus I just always have tons of protein powder on hand. People have given their protein pancakes rave reviews so I decided to try them this morning since I had some extra time after my Booty Call!
The recipe:
1/2 Banana
1/4 cup egg whites
1 scoop Perfect Fit Protein
2 tbs vanilla almond milk or skim
1 tsp cinnamon

Mash up your banana, add your almond milk and mix it well. Once that's good and mixed up add the egg whites, protein and cinnamon. Pour the mix into a hot skillet that's been sprayed with non stick spray and let it cook! Flip it carefully after about 3-5 minutes and let the other side cook.


I added some fresh strawberries and coffee with mine. Yum! It was way better than any other protein pancake that I've had. You should know that the batter is a little thick and the pancake turns out a little more dense than the traditional pancake. But it's super filling, it actually kept me full for over 4 hours. My coffee was another Tone It Up plan recipe: A cup of coffee, a packet of stevia and 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I can't wait to try other things added into my pancake to change it up. Definitely comment if you can think of some yummy combinations for me to try!

And starting Monday is the Tone It Up Bikini Series. Leah and I are partnering up to do this 8 week workout series. It takes you right into the beginning of summer. I'm excited, this is my first Tone It Up Bikini series. It looks like it going to be big! And the wonderful Tone It Up girls are super generous and give out lots of prizes through out the series. Make sure to check it out and sign up!



No comments:

Post a Comment