Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Kokonut!

I spent several years doing Crossfit. I started Crossfit in 2009 and went at least 3 times a week but more like 4-5 times a week for 4 years. I absolutely love the Crossfit community. I loved the grueling workouts, collapsing from sheer exhaustion after each class. I discovered in early 2013 that I had lost my passion for Crossfit. I went from going faithfully and never missing a class to going maybe once every 2 weeks and always having an excuse to not go. But I do like working out so I knew I still wanted to be active. From February 2013 until February 2014 I tried several different things. First the Bar Method, after 2 months I realized it also wasn't for me. I tried going to a gym following a plan from a personal trainer. That was ok. I tried using an online plan but didn't really enjoy that. And then I found:
I actually got a flier in my mailbox and decided to go in and check it out. I made an appointment for the following day. After meeting with the trainer, taking a fit test, being shown around I joined right then and there. Koko is different....it's digital fitness. Every member has a USB with their personalized program that you plug into the machine when you walk in. You go through a full body strength workout in about 30 min. They also have treadmills and elliptical machines for cardio. Koko cardio sessions are all 15 min and are high intensity intervals. The cardio programs are recorded on MP3 players and tell you when to change speed and incline on the machines. I love it, it's like having a personal trainer without having to talk to anyone. Another awesome aspect is that each member has their own website to log into. It shows their progress, strength gains, nutrition program and BMI changes. The fitness industry is finally using technology to make the most effective workout. I am hooked and working towards my perfect workout. A perfect workout happens when you complete your strength session at perfect pace. So far I've gotten several 99% workouts but no 100%. 
The Koko Smart Trainer

Tomorrow I'll be talking a little about my nutrition plan as well as letting you guys in on an exciting secret! 

No comments:

Post a Comment