Friday, April 11, 2014

Cheat Clean!

Today I received some Quest Bar samples in the mail. 

I'm not usually a huge fan of protein bars because a lot of them are just glorified candy bars. They have wonderful sounding flavors but then you open them and they are unrecognizable gooey lumps. However I have heard awesome things about Quest bars so I was excited to review them, especially their new cookies & cream flavor. 

When I opened the cookies & cream bar I was initially a little disappointed by the way it looked. It is the standard looking gooey protein bar. I cut a piece off to try and set it aside. Opened the chocolate chip cookie dough bar and again was disappointed in the appearence but cut a small piece off. 

I tried the chocolate chip cookie dough first. It was ok, not great. It had a very protein taste, and it didn't love the texture. Again it wasn't bad but definitely not something I would purchase. After that my expectations for the cookies & cream weren't very high. It was DELICIOUS! It had a similar texture to the first bar but the taste was amazing and it has little bits of cream mixed in. Quest definitely nailed it with this bar. I can definitely see half a bar mid afternoon helping kill my sweet cravings! I'm so glad I was sent these bars to try. I definitely plan to pick some up to keep to keep at work for the next time I need to "cheat clean"! Next up will be Leah's review of the bars, and she's even pickier about food taste/texture than I am so stay tuned for that! 

AND
I'm so excited for our first give away! We have a box of 12 of the new Quest Cookies & Cream bars to give away to one lucky reader! To enter just leave a comment with your favorite cheat (clean or not) and we'll be randomly selecting a winner on April 18, 2014. Earn an additional entry by sharing this post on your facebook or Twitter and commenting here that you shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment